Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

One of those perfect autumnal days which occur more frequently in memory than in life.


The sun has lingered late into the fall.  Don’t get me wrong we have had some torrential rain too,  but we have also revelled in blue sky in the afternoons once the fog has dissipated.  

Thick beads of frozen dew melt and give way to glistening droplets in the mid-day light.  People are out walking, playing in the parks and taking in the last of the warmth, the last of the light, and the vestiges of dryness before they hunker down for a season of darkness, dampness and cold.  

DH doing what he loves best 
© Arianne Loranger-Saindon 
We rarely have a fall that makes one feel like kicking leaves, and putting out the cornucopia of decorative gourds brilliantly coloured with yellow, oranges and red. While typically my I would never put out a wreath – I get enough exercise peeling my door mat off the side of the house and  chasing my garbage can as it rolls down the street in the howling winds and the down pouring rain, not to mention climbing trees looking for the garbage can lid.  So with the novelty of a “real” fall I’ve been inspired to crafting.  I’ve been making little pumpkins out of felting wool.  They are cute, fun and easy. 
Check it out!


My Little Felted Pumpkin.

Aside from evening crafting projects the family also managed to get out to the “bar.”  A stretch of gravel where the fishermen go to catch salmon making their way upriver.  A beautiful spot where you can light a fire, roast a hot-dog or a marshmallow,  and enjoy the day.  I invited everyone.  In the end there were 6 kids, 3 dogs, 2 kites and several dozen hot-dogs.  The sun shone, the smiles came out and all slept well that night. 
taking full advantage of the October sun
© Arianne Loranger-Saindon 














There is a muscular energy in sunlight corresponding to the spiritual energy of wind. ~Annie Dillard


No comments:

Post a Comment