Pages

Saturday, September 14, 2013

a new beginning

The forecast was for sun, and while the sea fog provided a thick cocooning blanket through the night, my second son was born at dawn.  It was a truly special and magical moment, one I will never forget.   Perhaps I am riding the high of having accomplished something so primal it cannot be truly conveyed through words, but only by shared experience.  However millions of women have accomplished this before me it is still a miracle of nature each time a child comes into the world.  Birth takes a woman's deepest fears about herself and show her that she is stronger than them.  And so as my son took his first breaths the cocooning fog began to dissipate and the sun rose in all its fiery wonder. The warmth of an Indian summer flooding the land and sea while we rested. 


Soon the pace of life will change again, picking up again and this time of rest and seclusion will end.  But I wish to embrace at this time the peace of moment, and thank the friends and family that I have for their outpouring of support and love during this special and magical time in our lives. 


No comments:

Post a Comment