Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

I refuse to believe that trading recipes is silly. Tuna fish casserole is at least as real as corporate stock.

I’m thinking of putting all the little recipe cards I have together... I’m thinking of compiling them into a book.   I’ve started some mock-ups of what a page in this short little book might look like.

I’d like to share.. and get any feedback you feel is useful.  

Most of my creations look remarkably unappetizing in photographs.  I really do consider myself a passable cook,  but the aesthetics of the meals I concoct are clearly less important that the taste.  I’ve yet to find the skill for turning what DH so lovingly calls “slop” into some image of beauty and artistry... so I figured that even though I like a recipe book with photos.. maybe my home made version could be free of photos that might dissuade potential cooks from making something that looks so much like a dogs’ breakfast

Anyway here are a couple samples I’ve thrown together....  (click images for larger sizes)







Recipe:  A series of step-by-step instructions for preparing ingredients you forgot to buy, in utensils you don't own, to make a dish the dog wouldn't eat.  ~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment