Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

a little more on laundry... or maybe insanity


It is late out and I’m doing diaper laundry..which has got me to thinking... that most of the time you lose things in the washing machine...  like socks.... I even blogged about sock physics once (Link) the jist of which is my theory that - it has something to do with the speed at which the socks move and centripetal motion created within the washing process wherein the socks are directed orthogonal to the velocity of the spin cycle, toward the instantaneous center of curvature of the dryer drum... resulting in the abrupt disappearance of socks into another dimension.

But lately I’m noticing that there are other things that happen in the wash.... sometimes you shred things, and sometimes that Kleenex in your pocket turns into a nasty pilly mess that takes months to fully get out of the hoodie pocket...

I HATE that feeling of shredded washing machine Kleenex... and sometimes the pocket is forever ruined...

but sometimes you are lucky.. and the wash also causes things to miraculously appear....(these items I assume come from another dimension - a place where they have a surplus of single socks tumbling out of their dryers....)  these things that appear in my wash include things  like screws, earplugs, or quarters...and sometimes dollar bills.. if you are really lucky... lost hair clips and buttons miraculously appear. 

 Other times you are not so lucky.. and chap stick appears... or a little red craft feather comes out with the whites....

Or maybe it’s a sign of approaching insanity that I’m thinking and worrying about these things... 

No comments:

Post a Comment